- The tracking history for customers on the Asset tracking platform from 26th February backwards should be restored by end of play today.
- Tracking history from 27th February and the morning of 28th February for customers on the Asset platform should hopefully be able to be recovered over the next couple of days.
- The tracking history for customers on the Fleet and Leaflet tracking platforms should be restored over the next few days; we don’t yet have an exact estimate.
- Early morning of 28th February, we detected a virus. This virus contained the same ransomware which has recently attacked both Royal Mail and the NHS (both of whom are still struggling to rectify the damage caused).
- The first attack targeted our main servers and encrypted the data, so we were no longer able to access it.
- The second attack targeted our backup servers and began trying to wipe all of the data.
- Luckily, our developers caught this very early on and were able to decode our server data, and prevent our backup data from being lost.
- Our most recent backup file from the evening of 26th February 2023 (containing all data from that date backwards) is now being re-uploaded, starting with the newest data first.
- Some data from 27th February and the morning of 28th February is currently still encrypted, and will be worked through once the main backup file has been re-uploaded.
However, some customers who are now able to log back into their accounts are still not able to view their tracking history from before today’s date.
Please rest assured that this data is still being stored, and it will be gradually re-uploaded to your accounts over the next 24 hours while our developers work through the issues we’ve been experiencing.
If you notice any issues which don’t seem to be related to this, please do contact us and we will investigate!
We have been made aware this morning that there is an outage on our servers, which is preventing all of our customers from logging into their tracking accounts.
We are aware of this urgent issue and our developers are currently working to resolve it. We will stay in touch via email with any updates we receive.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this is causing, and thank you for your patience.
Come and Meet Trackit247 at LockExpo!
Come Join Us & See What’s New! At Trackit247, we’re happy to announce that we will be attending the LockExpo in Nottingham this March! We’re excited to be able to get back out there and see some of our valued customers again, as well as meet some new faces. LockExpo is […]Read More
Low Battery Alerts Fault – 21/02/2023
Low Battery Alerts Fault – 21/02/2023 Dear All, We have received reports from a number of our customers this morning, stating that they are receiving an influx of low battery alerts which are not accurate or are outdated. We are aware of this issue and our developers are currently working to resolve it. […]Read More
Amy’s Advice: February 2023 – MAINTAIN YOUR DVRS/DASH CAMS
Hello, All! My name is Amy, and welcome to Amy’s Advice. Once a month, you can join me right here for tips and tricks to help you make the most of your tracking experience with us. I’m back after a good few month’s sabbatical with a topic we have covered previously but would like […]Read More